The National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise is comprised for the most part in the province of L’Aquila and for the remainder in that of Frosinone and in that of Isernia. It was inaugurated on September 9, 1922 in Pescasseroli, site of the headquarters. Considered the oldest Park in Italy along with the National Park of Gran Paradiso is known internationally for his role in the conservation of some species of Italian fauna who contributed to the establishment of the reserve. Among these species are the chamois of Abruzzo and the Marsicano brown bear, once very popular throughout south central Apennines. The park is covered with beech forests extending mainly in mountain areas, where it is not practicable the cultivation of grapes and olives, for trespassing in the valleys of Giovenco and the Val of Comino. The landscape is characterized by mountain ranges, karst phenomena, streams and rivers, including the Sangro: an ideal place to spend pleasant days in close contact with nature and admire uncontaminated landscapes, rich flora and varied fauna. Its location at the center of Italy and the various extensions carried out over the years in various landscapes territories have made the park a valuable reservoir of rare species of flora. The sea distance causes the plant communities are those typical of the continental area.