The inscription in 2006 of “Genoa and the Strade Nuove and the sistem of Palaces of the Rolli” in the UNESCO World Heritage List, has further enriched the city’s historic center. It is called “Strade Nuove” who guard the magnificence of the “Palazzi dei Rolli”, the stately mansions of Renaissance and Baroque style, built between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, a testimony to the greatness of Genoa. They were part of the citizens registers (the rolli) through which were chosen the residences where hosting the distinguished guests on a state visit. A total of 42 buildings, completely restored, which represent the first example of urban planning in Europe made by the city authorities with a unified design. The construction of the Strade Nuove took place in 1551, during the flourishing oligarchic Republic with the objective to become the “affluent neighborhood” of the city. Among those who were part of the first category of the Rolli, we find the seventeenth-century building named Rodolfo and Francesco Maria Brignole or ‘Red Palace’, the Palace Luca Grimaldi or ‘White Palace’ and Palace Nicholas Grimaldi, or “Doria Tursi” of the sixteenth-century. The Doria-Spinola Palace, in Largo Eros, was built for the Admiral Antonio Doria; very particular for the Renaissance elegance of its columns, the staircases and the hanging gardens is the Durazzo-Pallavicini Palace. While, in Via Balbi, the Royal Palace, was built in the seventeenth century by the Balbi family and became residence of the Savoy royal family in the nineteenth century.