Famous throughout the world for its monumental Piazza del Duomo, Pisa is lying on the banks of the Arno river and is characterized in its precious architecture and from the memories of its glorious past as a Maritime Republic. The complex is a tourist destination of inestimable value, where you can admire the monuments that form the center of the town religious life, called “of the miracles” from the famous poet Gabriele D’Annunzio for its beauty and originality. The entire complex took on its present appearance only in the nineteenth century, especially by the architect Alessandro Gherardesca, who demolished some existing buildings and started the restoration of the famous monuments. Among the famous monuments there are the Baptistery and the Cathedral were built in a original style, the “Pisan Romanesque”. The Duomo or Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, was built in 1064 to celebrate the greatness of Pisa that one time was a powerful maritime republic. The Baptistery is located in front of the Cathedral, in Romanesque style, begun in 1152 by Diotisalvi and finished in the fourteenth century, with the inclusion of gothic elements. Famous throughout the world, the Campanile, or Leaning Tower, is distinguished by its inclined structure as a result of a failure in the soil that blocked long its construction. Finally, the Cemetery, located north of the square. It is the monumental cemetery started in 1278, surrounded by marble walls and the internal structure of a cloister. A place for reflection, gathering and prayer, the Cemetery was built to keep the “holy land” of Palestine.