Born in Padua in 1545 as a center dedicated exclusively to the cultivation of plants that were used to build the “simple”, curative medicinal solutions that came directly from nature, the Botanical Garden is the first and oldest university botanical garden still existing . It was established by decision of the Senate of the Venetian Republic, especially to put a remedy to the uncertainty on the identification of the plants used to cure the diseases; the students had the right to access to the garden for deepen the healing ability of plants. Over time the garden was enriched with many new plants from around the world up to now count about 6000 spacimens; five are the natural environments where grow insect-eating plants, medicines plants, poisonous plants of the Euganean Hills, rare plants and plants introduced for the first time in Italy from the garden itself. The oldest plant is the Palm of San Pietro, known as Palm of Goethe, whose name derives from a visit of the famous German writer in Padua in September of 1786, when it developed a theory on the metamorphosis of plants. The garden enjoys a great location being in the beautiful Padua; the city is expression of a scientific tradition in which research, education and conservation of biodiversity are among the most advanced in the world.